hell week

So the semester is winding to a close, and I find myself with 4 papers to write in as many days. Each one is due on a different day, so I’m prioritizing based on chronological order.

Anyway — Paper #1 is done; Paper #2 is due tomorrow – technically, today – and Papers #3 and #4 are yet to come. I’ve had 7 cups of coffee, and I’ve got a french press and a couple Peppermint Patties and butterscotch Tastykakes on the desk in front of me. So long sleep and hello papers: it’s time to get liminal. (I’ll resume the Ouyang Xiu series on Friday.)

1. adam wrote:

Don’t hug Buddha’s feet too hard,

lazy bastard.

I totally relate, I’m trying to make-up almost half a term’s worth of work in less than a week.

Every year I swear “never again, I vow to be on top of things from now on…”

Oh well, back to work.

Good luck!

Tuesday, December 7, 2004 at 3:45 am | Permalink

Yeah; I’ve totally learned my lesson. Just like I did last year, and the year before. It’s not learning that’s the problem, so much as retention.

Tuesday, December 7, 2004 at 9:26 am | Permalink
  3. yoshio wrote:

hope it’s going well. it was great seeing you last week and meeting your fam. hope we can do it again sometime.

Wednesday, December 8, 2004 at 6:43 pm | Permalink
  4. Vlad wrote:

ask for extensions–
    early, often, good excuse
    sanity’s best friend

Friday, December 10, 2004 at 7:19 pm | Permalink
  5. Todd wrote:

Brendan, when you’ve finished translating that sequence of poems by Mr Ouyang, I know a “poem” you might like to have a go at translating:

有话请讲,
    有屁快放!

Sunday, December 12, 2004 at 7:31 am | Permalink
  6. 盲虫 wrote:

嘻呵欢喜到年终, 才知寒风吹到冬.
    砚墨虽香纸上去, 怎比七杯咖啡浓?

Friday, December 17, 2004 at 6:39 pm | Permalink
  7. 盲虫 wrote:

有话请讲, 诗意不成行.
    有屁快放, 真率倒是狂.

:-)

Friday, December 17, 2004 at 6:47 pm | Permalink
  8. Adam wrote:

I’m about to spend the next 9 days engaged in a hellish, desperate attempt to organize my life, settle my academic affairs, soothe ruptured family relations, and to reform several outstandingly bad habits.

Do you recommend caffeine, nicotine, or crack?

Wednesday, December 22, 2004 at 1:39 am | Permalink

Adam: yes.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004 at 2:02 am | Permalink

And Yee: you’re totally outclassing me!

Friday, December 24, 2004 at 1:31 am | Permalink