beijing

I’m back in Beijing. Have a new cellphone number, but I’m fucked if I can remember it at the moment — will post it up here once I get it.
UPDATE: It’s 1355-240-9508.

Currently at Xihai, my favorite place in Beijing, looking for apartments to rent.

Am incredibly jazzed to be back. Even minor annoyances (like having forgotten my razor at home, and not having the three-prong-to-two-prong adaptor that I need to run my laptop) cannot harsh my mellow.

Further bulletins as events warrant.

glad you made it back. hope you can get to Taiwan for a visit. I’m counting the days myself. Should be around 6 months.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 at 11:02 am | Permalink
  2. Jon wrote:

Brendan!
    We’re missing you already. Bec and I have found ourselves, on several ocasions, wondering if we’ve made plans with you for this weekend, only to realize that you’re on the other side of the planet.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 at 9:50 pm | Permalink
  3. Rebecca wrote:

“harsh my mellow”??? is that like marsh-ing your mallow? are you making s’mores???
    you’re not in beijing.. you’re in l.a.! …have you been wearing hemp? we will find out if you have.. and we will kill you for it…

Wednesday, September 28, 2005 at 9:59 pm | Permalink
  4. Karen wrote:

Best of luck for everything in BJ,Brendan. I’m finally moving out of the ‘hizzouse’ with an unknown amount of ‘mizzouse’ this evening. I keep my fingers crossed for your apartment hunt. I’m praying that there’ll be no bizzare live creatures popping up on the 14th floor overlooking the lake.

Friday, September 30, 2005 at 5:04 pm | Permalink
  5. lili white wrote:

Brendan,

I’m a friend of AJay McLaughlin from Philly. I have a great interest in China–check out my site (esp. the interview)

Let me know what you think.
    Lili

Friday, October 7, 2005 at 2:45 pm | Permalink
  6. Ritta wrote:

Hey!! If this is Brendan from J.R.M. class of 2001..drop me a line :)

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 at 1:55 am | Permalink
  7. Nicole wrote:

Hey Brendan. I return to Bokane.org and here I found this awesomely updated site. Looks like I haven’t been in touch for a while but I thought I’d drop a line and say hi. Enjoy Beijing for me because it looks like I won’t be going anywhere for the next 3 years.

Friday, October 14, 2005 at 8:34 pm | Permalink
  8. lu wrote:

looking forward to more updates! :D 工作顺利!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 at 6:24 pm | Permalink
  9. laska wrote:

so Brendan, when are you going to start blogging again?

Friday, November 4, 2005 at 9:51 pm | Permalink
  10. Hank wrote:

Brendan, I hope you can make it to Suzhou one day, so I can finally meet you! We moved here a month ago!

Sunday, November 6, 2005 at 5:43 pm | Permalink
  11. Anonymous wrote:

update….

Monday, November 7, 2005 at 9:12 am | Permalink
  12. Ben wrote:

that’s awesome, Brendan. I might be returning to Beijing next summer to study chinese.

Monday, November 14, 2005 at 1:04 am | Permalink
  13. Jon wrote:

Hey lazybones. You’ve been in China for nearly 8 weeks and you haven’t updated your blog yet? I’ve read “a mizzouse in the hizzouse” 48 times already. Lets get cracking on some fresh content, holmes. I can’t believe that you don’t have some stories to tell us.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 at 1:31 pm | Permalink
  14. Ziyi wrote:

So glad that you have been back. Bless~

I have wanted to ask you this question for a long time. Where is this picture as the background of your website taken? Why are the lanterns black and yellow? That’s really rare.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005 at 8:18 pm | Permalink
  15. Anonymous wrote:

BRENDA – Have been hearing about the awful situation in Harbin – Of course I though of you, even if you are not there anymore.

BUDDY – I MISS YOU..

I AM NO LONGER AT FANTES – or even in Philadelphis. Living in the Adirondacks to get some writing solitude.

I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU. YOU WERE AND STILL ARE ONE OF MY BEST MEMORIES OF PHILLY

Ron Reinoehl – The coffee guy

Saturday, November 26, 2005 at 9:33 pm | Permalink
  16. Tylle V wrote:

Hi, is Xihai the tibetian hotel in Beijing? How do I contact the place? Any hints?
    Thank you if you would help us.

Monday, March 13, 2006 at 12:40 am | Permalink