HALP HALP O HALP

Dear all:

How can I cheer up my crazy, talented artist girlfriend?

Suggestions that are not “flowers” will be welcome. That is all.

1. John wrote:

Draw her a mini comic book about you and her.

Don’t worry if you’re not an artist; bad art by loved ones is endearing to artists.

Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 2:41 am | Permalink
  2. Make up stories about her childhood (or tell her real ones if you know them). My daughters love that, and we never really grow up, do we?

Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 4:47 am | Permalink
  3. I have no idea. I’m hopeless at cheering my wife up.

Sunday, September 23, 2007 at 8:36 pm | Permalink
  4. chris wrote:

propose!

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 at 5:47 am | Permalink
  5. dahu wrote:

An out-of-town travel may do. Some people will, at least temporarily, forget their temporary displeasure at other places. And when they come back, they may better deal with the old sentiment.
    The only problem is the terrible, upcoming “golden week.”
    Good luck.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 at 10:17 am | Permalink
  6. yz wrote:

find the reason why she is uphappy then kill it . bless~

Thursday, September 27, 2007 at 3:58 pm | Permalink
  7. nick wrote:

show her this:

cheered me up when i was feeling uncreative!

Thursday, September 27, 2007 at 8:01 pm | Permalink
  8. Blob wrote:

wait for three of four days. she will revert to normal.

Saturday, September 29, 2007 at 4:46 pm | Permalink
  9. w wrote:

LSD

Saturday, September 29, 2007 at 4:55 pm | Permalink
  10. Vladimir wrote:

there is this short screenprinted book made by Bread and Puppet Press of Vermont, that is absolutely guaranteed to cheer up anyone, no exception, every time. If you’d like I can scan all the pages from mine, there are only about ten of them.

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 10:02 am | Permalink

Get Poagao to propose to her so she can get a fiancee visa, then you guys can come visit me here in Taipei.

Or how about a weekend in beautiful downtown Mohe?

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 at 10:55 pm | Permalink
  12. Dahu —
    The out-of-town travel did the trick, or at least I hope it did. And it’s great to hear from you again. I have to say that I’m half-tempted to re-apply for the VOA next month.

Sunday, October 7, 2007 at 9:54 am | Permalink
  13. NK wrote:

A lady when she is in love and financially safe/strong, if she is normal, that might be enough to keep her happy (at regular days).

Sunday, October 28, 2007 at 4:11 pm | Permalink
  14. Rebekah wrote:

massages always are good. Also baking a cake a chocolate cake might work.

Friday, January 18, 2008 at 5:31 pm | Permalink
  15. Hey Brendan,

My pc crashed last week, taking with it all of my email files. Hence my contacting you via comment post. Lemme know your address and if you’re ready for me to send signing copies of the contracts for Dirty Chinese. We need to get moving on this pretty soon.

best,
    Nick

Saturday, February 2, 2008 at 3:57 am | Permalink
  16. Samy wrote:

If she loves colors, buy her at least 15 colourful balloons and posture them as if you were giving her bunch of flowers. She will like it ^^

Sunday, February 24, 2008 at 2:54 am | Permalink

One Trackback/Pingback

1. Comment on HALP HALP O HALP by Rebekah on Friday, January 18, 2008 at 7:38 pm

[…] Comment on HALP HALP O HALP by Rebekah …massages always are good. Also baking a cake a chocolate cake might work. […]